Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nutella Mandarin Toast

Inspired by this recent tweet from Cooking Light,the combination of Nutella and citrus has been on my mind. Yesterday, I needed a quick pre-workout snack but didn't have the french bread or oranges the original recipe called for. But I did have Trader Joe's Complete Protein bread and some California mandarins (also known as cuties). Thus, a delicious Nutella toast topped with mandarin segments was born. The sweet citrus combined with the nutty Nutella on top of my toast was just the motivation I needed! It's quick, it's easy, it's delicious. What more can you ask for?
Nutella Mandarin Toast

Nutella Mandarin Toast (adapted from Cooking Light)

1 slice bread
6 cutie segments
1 tablespoon Nutella
Sprinkle of sea salt (optional)

Toast your bread, spread the Nutella and top with cutie segments. Sprinkle sea salt on top if you like a little savory with your sweet. Try to only eat one.

No comments:

Post a Comment